Saturday 16 April 2011

Saturdays....

All week you wait, well I know I do.  For that beautiful two sylable word, "Weekend".
Why?  I no longer know.  I wake up, my wife is in a rush to clean the house from top to bottom.  Don't get me wrong, I understand the need with a young child, an extremely hairy dog and hardwood throughout 3 floors.  But I can tell you, this is not what I remember giving me butterflies waiting for the weekend to arrive.   Weekends use to be made up of Toronto weekends with friends partying til the sun came up...wait I hated those mornings...WHERE AM I GOING WITH THIS? 
The pressure to be responsible and desire to be bad sometimes battle within me like the forces of good and evil and at the end of the day all I want is to be happy and make all those around me happy as well.
But I find myself today on this rainy, indoor day pondering do I like Saturdays? 
Heading out shortly to find ways to forget what day it is to hopefully stop the debate in my head.
Not working on weekends gives me way too much time to think about...
Saturdays.

No comments:

Post a Comment