Friday 15 April 2011

My employer thinks I am stupid, is that why they hired me?

Sigh, what will be next?  I like to be the voice some will say, the voice no one wants to listen to, yet I am so loud  it's not like they have a choice.  I like to think my points are valid, but surely the way in which I say it is hard to appreciate most of the time.  Sorry dad, but I get this from you.  Growing up, my father was rarely argued with by anyone around him, his loud, assertive tone meant business and never did I see anyone challenge him on it(took me 19 years before I ever did anyways).  A far cry from the man he is today.  Fragile, alone, and unhappy with the path he chose.  But I love him.  More so now than before the great mistakes in this life. 
So it's a bit too late for me to change it appears(sorry wife)...as it is deeply ingrained into my DNA.
Back to my employer.  So when my co-workers and myself are approached with change, and not just the every day adjustments to make our business run more smoothly, more like spitting in our coffee and forcing us to drink it to start our Monday AM kind of change...To say the least, I am ready to vent with a force of 10 employees.
Does it help, never.    What happens is my words are twisted conveniently by those who are not relevant and the people who should be answering must hide in the shadows wondering, "where did this guy come from, and do we actually need him?"  Well I say, "if you think I am stupid, why did you hire me?"

1 comment:

  1. Well that was a quick result, my email access was cut off by our owner almost exactly at the time I wrote this last entry. Without warning, shocker! Just goess to show that thye can't handle the outspoken. Shut him down before he helps give a voice to the rest of the sheep.

    ReplyDelete